Thursday, December 16, 2010


A friend sent this to me and I will like to share it with you:

Interesting quote from the movie "why did I get married?" In most cases especially in relationships, you will only get 80% of what you need and you will hardly get the other 20% that you WANT in your relationship.

There is always another person (man or woman) that you will meet that will offer you the other 20% which is lacking your relationship that you WANT. And believe me, 20% looks really good when you are not getting it at all in your current relationship. But the problem is that you will always be tempted to leave that good 80% that you know you have, thinking you will get something better with the other 20% that you WANT. But as reality has proven, in most cases you will end up having the 20% that you WANT and losing the 80% that you already NEED and that you already had.

Be careful in deciding what you WANT and NEED in your life. Adultery happens when you start looking for what you don't have. "Wow this girl in my office is a real looker. But it's not her Wynona Rider that got to me. I'm crazy about her cos she is also understanding, intelligent, tender-so many things that my spouse is not".

Somewhere along the way you will find a woman or man who will be more charming or sensitive. More alluring. More thoughtful. Richer. Have greater sex appeal. And you will find a man or a woman who will need you and pursue you and go loco of you more than your spouse every did.

Because no wife or husband is perfect. Because a spouse will only give 80% of what you are looking for. So adultery takes place when the wife or the husband is looking for the other 20%.

Let's say your wife is melancholic (sad) by nature.
You may find yourself drawn to the pretty clerk who has a cherry laugh no matter what she says: "I broke my arm yesterday..hahahahaha...."

Or because your wife is a homebody in slippers and pajamas smelling of garlic and fish oil you may fall for a fresh smelling sales representative that visits your office in a sharp black blazer, high heels and a red pencil cut skirt.
Or because your husband is the quiet type, your heart may skip a beat when you meet an old college flame who has the makings of a talk show host.

But wait that's only 20% of what you don't have. Don't throw away 80% that you already have! That's not all. Add to your spouse 80% the 100% that represents all the years you have been with each other. The storms you have weathered together. The unforgettable moments of sadness and joy as a couple. The many adjustments you have made to love each other. The wealth of memories that you have accumulated as lovers.

Adultery happens when you start looking for what you don't have. But faithfulness happens when you start thanking God for what you already have. But I'm not just talking about marriage.
I'm talking about life,
about your jobs.
about your friends.
about your children.
about your lifestyle.

Are you like the economy airline passenger that perennially peeks through the door of the first class cabin, obsessed with what he is missing? they've got more leg room! Oh my their food is served in porcelain! Whoa their seats recline at an 80% angle and they've got personal videos!

I guarantee you'll be miserable for the entire trip! Don't live your life for that, forget about what the world says is first class. Do you know that there are many first class passengers who are miserable in first class because they are not riding in a private Lear jet?

The main message::::: If you start appreciating what you have right now, wherever you are you are first class 20/80 or 80/20. You determine your lot in life. Enjoy what you have cos you are blessed. Whatsoever you do in life think of the future benefit than the immediate satisfaction could be momentary but benefits is eternal.



  1. This is real food for thought. Please permit me to copy for keeps.

    *How've you been and how's the book coming along?

  2. wow babes . thanks for the reminder. in a relationship and generally in life its great to find that person that you can like 80 percent of the time a real blessing and should be treasured. great write up .inspiration?

  3. Hi P.E.T. Projects you are permitted, and thanks the book is coming along little by little.
    @Mbabazi my Ugandan friend, thanks. I am definitely coming to Uganda one day to see you.

  4. thanks for sharing..been reading all your write-up are a fabulous writer, my kind of person...I do hope to meet you someday..:)..
    P.s this post came at the right time, when i was about to let my 80% go *ungreatful me*..thanks! you will always be appreciated..thanks